Sunday, November 25, 2012

Create A To Do List - 3 Steps For Beginners Online


You need to create a to do list that is a rock solid system that captures everything you need to do. If you are a beginner online you may have a sense there is something you're supposed to do, but are not clear on what that is.

Not having a clear system of what you need to do is an incredible source of stress. You may never really know if you're dropping the ball until it's to late.

If you create a weekly to do list and transfer those tasks to a daily list you will be able to track all your tasks that need to be completed. This in itself can relieve you of lots of stress and make you more productive. If you complete your list each day then you will be that much farther ahead of your competition.

Let's look at 3 steps to create your to do list so you get the most bang for your buck:

1. Identify All Tasks You Need To Complete This Week

Spend some time going through your email, your folders online and offline looking for tasks that need to be done this week.

Identify every task you need to do. Don't worry about the importance of the task or the size of the task right now. I put my lists either on a sheet of paper or in a notepad file.

Just make sure to write your list down somewhere or you will forget it. When I complete a task I cross it off or delete it from my notepad file. Whatever works best for you. Keep it simple.

Keep your weekly list in one place. I then transfer the weekly list to my day calendar. If I have 10 tasks for the week then I do two a day.

2. Track Your To Do List

What happens if you come up with an idea while you are driving or shopping at the mall? Or the shower even?

Most of my ideas come to me while I am driving or in the shower it seems. If you are in the shower there is nothing you can do, but wait until you get out and write it down. But get out fast or it may be gone before you know it.

When I am driving I always have a notebook in the car. I often pull off the road to write something down. I used to take a small audio recorder with me and just speak into it and then transcribe the notes when I got home. I don't know why I got away from that. It's much safer. Most cell phones now allow you to record messages to yourself.

Whatever method you use just add the task to your master list as soon as you can.

3. Completing Your Tasks

To complete your to do list use some system that makes sense and is easy for you.

You need a systematic way of sorting your to do list. A system will take away much of the stress of trying to figure out what you have completed and what you have not. You will also save yourself time and become more efficient each week.

There are two systems you can use- chronological or project.

With a chronological system, you sort tasks by importance or when they need to be completed. It's a very simple system. All it requires is for you to delete tasks as you finish them. Then just move on to the next task and complete it.

A by project tracking system requires you to do a little thinking. You organize all the tasks by the projects they belong to. A lot of people prefer this method because they can see when a project is complete and get that feeling of accomplishment.

When you create a to do list I suggest you get in the habit of using the project method when possible because as you advance online your task lists will get complicated and your lists will get long pretty fast.

Simple Problem Solving Steps   How to Begin an Effective Home Business   



0 comments:

Post a Comment


Twitter Facebook Flickr RSS



Français Deutsch Italiano Português
Español 日本語 한국의 中国简体。